Monday 24 July 2017

Panchetta Pangasius and Pasta

I was out in the morning to see my coworker getting married and on the way back home I went into the local organic supermarket there to get some food for the weekend. The supermarket chain is not a place where I shop regularly, so I was looking forward to see what they have.
They sold some fresh fish, not much to choose from but certified quality. I choose pangasius, regularly not a kind of fish I would buy, but they garantied good quality.



I decided on a pasta dish and checked my fridge for some ingredients to go with it.
Panchetta slices were sitting in my fridge for a long time and they needed a dish to go into.  Some open jar of creme fraiche and an open jar of pimiento cream with hard Manchego cheese mixt into it. This pimiento cream was a gift and came from the island of Gomera in the Canary Islands.


Recipe for 2:
200 g Tagliatelle
360 g Pangasius filets
100 g panchetta slices
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
3 l veg stock
50 ml Noilly Prat
60 g creme fraiche
2 tsp pimiento cheese cream
2 spring onions


Cook the pasta in veg stock.
In a wide pan toss in the olive oil and the panchetta and start to brown it.
Chop the spring onions and add it to the mix.
Deglaze the pan with the Noilly Prat and add a ladle of veg stock pasta water.
Add creme fraiche and pimiento cream.
Clean the fish and season it on both sides with salt and pepper, cut it into 2 inch slices.


Set it in top of the panchetta and close the lid for 3 minutes, turn the fish and keep the lid off. It takes about 2 minutes and the fish is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment