Thursday 5 October 2017

Roasted Cauliflower with Mac & Cheese

I haven´t had M&C for ages!


I wanted to prepare it with some Chorizo, but checking through my fridge I found a bit of cured and smoked pork ribs from last Sunday. It would have been a shame to throw them out.
I bought a big white cauliflower on my trip in France. It was a good bargain and I took the smallest of the lot, still a lot to eat for a single person.
I was playing different ways to prepare it in my head on the way back  from work on the Autobahn, but a combination of pasta and veg sounded good. Having nasty and stormy weather called for some comfort food.


recipe for 2:
half head of cauliflower
salt and pepper
olive oil


350 ml chicken stock
200 ml milk
150 g old Parmesan cheese
1 spring onion
2 tbsp Noilly Prat
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
nutmeg
salt and pepper
220 g pasta
150 g cured and smoked and cooked meat

Break some florets off the cauliflower, wash them and place them on a baking sheet with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast them at 170 C fan for 20 minutes.
Dribble some chicken stock over them.


Make the roux.
Chop the onion fine and saute it in butter, add the flour and a little of the warm stock, dissolve, then add milk a bit and a bit so you wont get lumps. Make a smooth sauce.
Grate nutmeg and pepper and add a little salt and then the grated cheese.
Melt the cheese and add fine chopped meat.
Last the cooked pasta.
Serve together with the cauliflower.







No comments:

Post a Comment