Sunday 19 November 2017

Lemon Baharat Potatoes

Greeting from the Orient.

My BFF was on tour here in Germany and on her trip she went o a big Turkish/Arabic Supermarket. She knows that I love to check out things that are unknown to me and she went to the spice board in the supermarket. The word "Oliven" on a jar caught her eye. It was a spice blend with the name Zeytin Baharat. It ingredients of garlic, marjoram, basil, oregano,mint and sumac sounded good. She bought it for me.
I googled the spice blend and found a potato side dish that sounded delicious. Since I was looking for a side to my fish dish, that gave me the reason to try it .

Great spice blend! I can recommend the way to prepare tasty potatoes in a pan.


Recipe for 2:
450 g potatoes
1 small red onion
1 tsp dried parsley or chives
1 lemon zest and juice
1 1/2 tsp Zeytin Baharat
60 ml rapeseed oil
salt and pepper


Peel and cut the potatoes in 2 cm cubes.
Zest and juice the lemon
add them to a bowl with parsley and 1 tsp of Baharat.
Mariante the potatoes for 30 min.

Add rapeseed oil and salt and pepper.
Bake in a wide pan for 10 min,
Add the sliced onion
Bake for 10 more minutes.






Add a bit more Baharat if you like.





No comments:

Post a Comment