Wednesday 15 November 2017

Plantaine & Buckwheat Pancakes GF

When I buy a plantaine it usually ends fried. I have one since last week sitting around and on my way home I knew I had to prepare it. It was still on the green side, so lots of starch and no sweetness.


When I stood in the kitchen, I was no longer looking forward to fry some food.
The next move was a trip through Google until I found a way to prepare the plantaine without frying it.
The answer to my cooking problem were some pancakes. The recipe sounded fairly simple, just peel the plantaine, crack eggs and put both with a little salt into a blender. Make a fine batter.


I looked at the batter and it looked rather thin. To stabilize it a little I went for buckwheat, because I wanted to stay gluten free on this dish.

Bake them in rapeseed oil on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.


It was just two pancakes, a little blue cheese and some dressed salad and voila, the dinner today was ready.


recipe for 2 pancakes:
1 green  plantaine
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
2 eggs
1 pinch of salt
rapeseed oil
blue cheese
lettuce with some dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment