Sunday 19 November 2017

Pudding Rice with Mango

A super ripe mango is a wonderful fruit, but a mess to eat. I wanted to use it before it went off.
I started to cut it open and had the juices run over my fingers. I dropped as much ripe flesh into a bowl and looked at it. Not so nice, no other fruit to make a smoothie, no yogurt in the fridge to mix it with.



On a cold day a bowl of pudding rice sounded great to me. When I make these kinds of sweet rice I usually use risotto rice like carneroli or aborio rice. But I had none at home. Some forgotten pudding rice sat in one of my many metal cans. O K , why not. I like my rice rich and creamy, so an egg and some lemon or lime juice is a must to finish it.


recipe for 2:
175 g pudding rice
20 g butter
1 pinch of salt 
800 ml whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
1 lemon.
1 ripe mango


Wash the rice and in some butter give it a good coating in a pot. After 2 min add the salt and the milk and bring to a boil, add vanilla sugar and brown sugar and cook for 20 - 25 min until the rice is soft .
Separate the eggs and beat the egg white stiff with a little salt.
Press the juice from the lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment