Sunday 14 January 2018

Tia Maria Cappuccino Semifreddo

I have two couples over next Saturday to celebrate the birthday in November, when I was in Curacao.
Usually I have friends over directly on my b-day, but this time I was out of the country.


I made the dessert today, it can stay in the freezer until I need it. That makes it easier to have a 3 course dinner for 5. I just have to finish it with a couple of things and some sauce and I am ready to serve.

I am no fan of Marzipan and Amaretto liqueur, but the recipe calls of Amerettini cookies, the small meringue and ground apricot kernels ones. The flavour goes in the direction of marzipan, so I dunked the cookies in Tia Maria liqueur. That helps a lot to improve the taste to my liking.


recipe for 6:
700 ml double cream
7 egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsp instant cappuccino powder 
130 g light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnmon
50 g Amerettini cookies and 25 g for topping
1,5 cl Tia Maria liqueur
1 pinch of salt
40 g small meringue kisses
6 tbsp caramel sauce

Beat the cream to soft peaks and keep it in the fridge until the rest is ready.
Half the cookies and put them in a small bowl and pour the Tia Maria over them.
Beat egg yolks, cinnamon, sugar, salt and cappuccino powder until creamy and the sugar is dissolved.
Bring all three things together.
Use a rectangular cake form and cover it with plastic wrap.
Fill in the mix and put it into the freezer for mininum 8 hours.

Cut it into wedges, add amerettinis and meringue kisses and drizzle with caramel sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment