Sunday 18 February 2018

Chinese New Year 2018

The year of the dog began on the 16th of February. Happy New Year to all Chinese people!


I love to celebrate all kinds of holidays from different nations. There is a lot to discover about their traditions and about food. The main thing on these days are mostly a get together with family and friends.
My turn is just a little bit of food to celebrate and I decided on some Wan Tans.

I bought fresh made raw spiced pork mince today. Usually it is eaten here raw on a roll with lots of fresh cut onions on top. It is often eaten for breakfast or second breakfast. You have to make sure that it is very fresh - bacteria and all! I am seldon eating it, because I am not a huge fan of raw pork. When I know the source, then I make an exception.
I decided to use some of it as a filling in my Wan Tans.

recipe for 9 pieces:
90 g spiced pork mince
1 china cabbage leaf
1 spring onion
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
pepper
wan tan wrappers
Oil for frying
sweet chili sauce for dipping

Mix the ingredients and tear one sheet of wan tan off the block. Wet the rim with a little water and press the dough together. Fold it over and you have a package.
Heat the oil to 170 C and fry until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment