Monday 2 April 2018

Leek and Cheese Soup

Surprise!
This is the way I used up my leftover Pomme Aligot and a quarter of my scrambled eggs.
The base of this soup was a whole piece of leek and a little chunk of red onion. Beef stock cubes dissolved in boiling water made the soup.


The creaminess of the soup was made by the mashed potatoes.
I can really recommend this way to handle left over potato mash, find somem cheese in your fridge and grate it and throw it into the broth. When you only have veggie broth or chicken broth, that does not matter. The soup will be tasty anyway. If you only have cream cheese on hand, it works that way too.
The scrambled eggs are a nice contrast to the cream soup. They remind me of the German Eierstich, a mix of milk, egg, parsley and seasoning which is just cooked and added to many soups.


recipe:
750 ml beef stock
350 g potato mash mixed with cheese or Pomme Aligot
1 leek
1/4 red onion
salt and pepper
1 egg scrambled.

No comments:

Post a Comment