Sunday 29 April 2018

Starter with Quail Egg

After a long time I was cooking again with my friends at their house. My friend wanted to introduce me to 6 new family members and took me outside the winter garden to a new built facility. First I did not spot the tiny chickens, but then I counted 6 quails. 4 have different coloured feathers and that means that the eggs have different shades too.
They are busy laying eggs and my friend had a tray of them in the fridge. I even took 3 eggs with me for Sunday lunch.


We had poached quail egg on top of our mixed starter.

It is wild garlic time now and we made little bread knots out of bread dough with mixed in wild garlic. They baked for 20 min. The recipe for it is here on the blog under "Wood garlic bread".


The asparagus chunks were sauteed in oil and a bit of veg stock. Then I added about 1 tbsp Stilton cheese to the pan to melt. A little salt and a lit of pepper and the veggies were done.

Recipe for the red pepper salad:
3 red bell peppers
2 tbsp chives
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp sunflower oil
Wild garlic salt and pepper
4 tsp cream goat cheese
1 quail egg per Person

Cut the bell peppers in brunoise. Finely chop the chives. Make the dressing and let the salad sit for 15 min.
Fill small jars with a third of the salad, place a layer of goat cheese on top and fill up with more salad.

To poach the quail eggs, lay out some cut out 15 cm circles of plastic wrap, oil it slightly and crack an egg in the middle.
Use a bit of twine and close the wrap into small balls.
Heat up the water and cook them for 2,5 min. Place in ice water. Then unwrap and serve on top of the pepper salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment