Tuesday 8 May 2018

Endive and Stawberry Salad

Endive was mostly sold during winter season, but now you can find it most of the year. I like the slightly bitter crunchy leaves.


I had one head sitting in the veggie drawer and wanted to have it as salad. Usually some citrus fruit goes into the salad, that's the way I like it.
I had nothing of that kind at home and looked at a basket of fresh local grown strawberries.
I was not sure about the outcome of this combination.
I can highly recommend it, so good.

Recipe:
1 head endive or chiccoree
100 g strawberries
5 lemon balm leaves
1 tbsp mango vinegar
2 tbsp olive et limon oil
1 tbsp agave syrup
Wild garlic salt
Pepper

Chop the endive as fine or as rough as you like it. Quarter the strawberries. Mix the dressing.

I served it with omlette on rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment