Sunday 6 May 2018

Roast from a Suckling Pig with Sauerkraut

I bought a 1,2 kg roast from a suckling pig  and a large bottle of dark beer.


A whole roast is not so often served in a single household. When I want something special, I divide the leftovers into several portions to reuse them in other dishes.

To prepare it, I just marinated it for a couple of hours with a kind of dry rub and then in a ovenproof pan seared it all around, tossed the veggies and the beer in and put it into the oven. About 7 min per 100 g meat that means about 90 min at 170 C .


A good serving of sauerkraut with bacon bits and caraway seeds goes great with the meat and just a couple of creamy red potatoes to mop up the sauce.


recipe for the roast, serves 4:
1,2 kg suckling pig roast
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tsp pork roast flavour
2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp caraway seeds crushed
1 carrot
1 piece of leek (white)
1/5 celeriac
1 stalk of parsley
3 cloves of garlic
1 spring onion
2 tbsp flour
4 tbsp pork roast jus ( I used some frozen, I did a while ago)
200 ml white wine
400 ml beef stock
salt and pepper
2 bay leaves
2 lovage leaves


No comments:

Post a Comment