Thursday 28 June 2018

Sweet Rice with Cherries on top

It is cherry time here. After last years freezing temperatures during cherry blossom, that resulted in a very small harvest, this year is a lot better.


Many trees are so heavy with cherries, they are left to the birds.

I have a big bowl of cherries sitting in the kitchen. I eat most of them without anything. Just a fruity snack.

I came home from work and wanted to watch football world cup. The last match of the German team. But I was hungry and so I started the sweet risotto before sitting in front of the TV.

Recipe:
220 g caneroli risotto rice
850 ml whole milk
40 g butter
40 g sugar
1 g vanilla seeds
1 pinch of salt
1 egg
1/2 lime
Cinnamon
Cherries

Saute the risotto in butter for 2 min.  Add milk, salt, sugar and vanilla and cook for 25 min. Stir often.
Seperate the egg and beat the egg white stiff.
Add the egg yolk and lime juice and the egg white.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment