Tuesday 4 September 2018

Chicken and Veggie Sauce

This is a dish that takes 15 min to cook! Just don´t count the prep time. But all in all about 30 minutes. It is a carb free dinner for Business Ladies and a packed lunch for the next day.


A plethora of fresh veggies goes into my shopping basket everytime I go grocery shopping. I often do not know what to do with them, when they went into the basket. Inspiration hits me often at home and so many easy meals are on the table. Fresh cooked and I know what is inside.


recipe for 2:
500 g chicken breast
500g  brown button mushrooms
350 g cocktail tomatoes from my own plants
4 long red bell peppers
4 shallots
1 can passata
200 ml double cream
1 tbsp olive oil
red wine salt - home made
chili salt
pepper
Herbes de Provence


Chop everything.
In a wide pan in the oil start the shallots and then add the chicken breast strips. Let them turn to colour. That will take a couple of minutes.

Next the peppers and then the mushrooms. Season well and cook until everything has wilted down a bit, then you have room for the tomatoes.
The sauce is made from the passata and the cream. It needs a couple of min to thicken.


Eating it in front of the laptop is the daily occurence in my household. It was no time for a photo shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment