Tuesday 4 September 2018

Peach, Feta and Mint Salad

This salad is so satisfiying and fresh.


I found it in an organic food magazine issue and read just across it. Later I came back for it because the combination of peaches and mint sounded great.
I added a bit of Sumac and a little white balsamic to the original recipes.
That is great served on some lettuce greens. It makes a rounder taste with the leafy salad.


It is super easy to prepare- I cooked some yellow plum jam - Mirabelles- while I made the salad.


recipe for 2
5 flat white peaches
1 bunch of fresh mint
1 red onion small size
200 g sheep feta
1/2 juice of a lemon
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
Sumac
red pepper flakes
a head of lettuce


The flat peaches have a thin skin so you can leave that on.
Cut around the stone in the mide fine thin slices.
Peel the red onion and halve it and cut it in small thin slices. I blanche them for 30 seconds.
Chop the cheese.
Get the mint leaves off the stalks and chop them coarse.
Make the dressing.
Serve on top of the salad greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment