Thursday 20 September 2018

Tomato Broccoli Bread Salad

I have lots of fresh tomatoes still in bowls sitting on my kitchen table.
I do not eat lots of them raw to prevent further health problems. But I can not help myself, I have to eat some fresh ones.
I combined them with cooked broccoli and added pan fried garlic and onion seasoned bread.


The 30 min in the oven took out some of the moisture without making them too dry. The olive oil and seasoning added a great flavour.


recipe:
3 slices of days old bread
2 spring onions
1 clove of garlic
fresh thyme
salt and pepper
1/2 head of broccoli
250 g medium tomatoes
lots of fresh herbs
olive oil, balsamic vinegar


Pull the broccoli apart into small florets and peel the whole stem and cut that into slices. In a pot with boiling salted water cook them al dente, add 1 of the spring onions to get some cooking time and drain and toss them into ice cold water, drain again.

Cut up the tomatoes into bite size chunks and put them into the salad bowl.


Put the bread in a pan with some spring onions and garlic in olive oil and cook it until browned.

Make the dressing with lots of fresh herbs, oil and black vinegar and season the dressing well.
Bring all together and enjoy.

You can eat it as side dish with some chicken as I did.






No comments:

Post a Comment