Thursday 4 October 2018

Artichoke and Dip

I bought French artichokes yesterday in the Auchan Supermarket in Wissembourg. There were very fresh and I prepared them tonight.
A couple of years ago I visited the vegetable bowl of France. No, not in the south but in the north of the country. I stood in the middle of a huge field of Artichokes.
When I see them now in the supermarket, I know where they come from.


This way to eat them is a basic starter in France. I just changed the dipping sauce to something Asian. I choose sweet chili sauce.


2 artichokes
1 lemon
2 tsp salt
Sweet chili sauce


Use a wide and deep pot.
Break off the stem of the artichoke. When they are fresh, it is easy.
Pull off 2 rows of bottom leaves.
Take a bread knife and cut off the upper 25 % of the leaves. You should see the the inner rosette of the veg.
Cut the lemon in half. Pour some of the juice into the middle.


Season the water with salt and bring to a boil.
Dunk the artichoke in. Close the lid and cook it for 45 min.
Serve with sweet chili sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment