Saturday 8 December 2018

Dukkah Chicken Nuggets, GF

Chicken Nuggets are something I rarely eat. I had bad experiences twice with pieces of nuggets at the famous golden MMs. Since that time I have never eaten them there again.
In various TV reports I have seen quality checks. The best nuggets are the ones which are made of solid chicken breast and not the ones made of ground meat and unknown substances.


This week SortedFood made three kinds in their last video.

One was the one that got me hooked immediately after I watched it. Luckily, chicken breast was already sitting in my fridge. An assortment of nuts is there too. It depends what you have on hand. Best are 2 or 3 different kinds. I used 3. And the kind and amount of spices is to to your preferences too. Now comes mine.


Recipe for 2:
3 tbsp walnuts
2 tbsp cashews
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tsp black sesame seeds
2 tbsp fleur de sel
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 /2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp Baharat seasoning

Put all that into a small blender or spice grinder and make a coarse paste.


4 tbsp cornstarch
2 eggs
400 g chicken breast
Panko
Oil
Greek yogurt
Onion granulates
Fresh or dry herbs
Baharat


I used cornstarch instead of regular flour to coat the chicken pieces and for 2/3 only the dukkah.
I had more chicken pieces left so I bulked out the rest of the mix with panko. The taste of the nuggets get more mellow, but still great.

Cook the pieces in shallow oil for 3 min on each side and make shure, they are done.
Prepare the yogurt dip.


No comments:

Post a Comment