Saturday 29 December 2018

Smoked Trout on King Oyster Mushrooms

I have a good amount of recipe cutouts from different magazine issues. My BFF is collecting a lot and what she thinks is good for me to cook, she sends to me in large envelopes. And she does find a lot.
I sift through these cutouts, toss out the ones I would never do, toss out the ones that contain ingredients I do not eat and keep the rest on the side. My stack of untried recipes is getting higher and higher. Sometimes I have no idea what so ever what to cook on a weekend or other occation, I take the cutouts and sift through them again. What catches my eyes is going to be one of the next creations. This is one of them.


German 2 Michelin star Chef Tohru Nakamura is one Chef I admire a lot. He is of Japanese heritage and combines western and japanese Cuisine on a modern level. I made a couple of his recipes before and they all went well and are on various blogs.


This recipes calls for fresh porcini mushrooms. The days after Christmas aren´t the right time of the year for them. That´s why I bought fresh king oyster mushrooms.


Recipe for 4:
1 - 2 smoked trout filets per Person
600 g King oyster mushrooms
100 g butter
2 shallots
1 small clove of garlic
100 ml veg stock
2 tbsp creme fraiche
1 lemon
4 tbsp whole roasted hazelnuts
3 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 bunch of parsley
salt and pepper
chili


Clean the mushrooms with a knife and a kitchen paper. Put 2 or 3 of the best looking one on the side.
200 g mushrooms have to be cut into small slices.
In a pan melt 50 g of butter and make a nutbutter by getting it brown. Add shallot dices and garlic and give that 2 min, add the mushroom slices. Season with salt and pepper. Give it 3 min and add the veg stock and cook again for 3 min. Pour it into a blender and add the creme fraiche and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Make a cream.
The other mushrooms (not the ones on the side) cut into 2 cm cubes and brown in the rest of thebutter, add the parsley  and season. Get the mushrooms out of the pan, roast the panko breadcrumbs until golden brown and roast the hazelnuts, chop them roughly.
In the warm pan, lightly warm the trout filets, do not cook them. Add a bit of lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper.


Divide the mushroom cream on 4 plates, place the trout on top, sprinkle with panko, mushroom cubes and hazelnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment