Sunday 17 March 2019

Broccoli, Potato and Ham Bake

This is a good recipe for a Saturday when you are busy with grocery shopping, laundry and house cleaning. The amount of work is reasonable and you can extend the recipe for more people.
Just make sure then, you have someone with you in the kitchen to help with the peeling and chopping.


I was out for groceries in the morning and bought cooked ham for the dish. Talking to the Lady behind the counter gave me a bargain. She asked me what I wanted to do with the sliced ham and I told her I make a bake. She offered me the endcuts of different cooked pieces of meat for an extreme low price. I payed less then 40 % of the original prices. It was a huge pack with more then 650 g of cuts, I just used about 350 g of it for my dish. The rest will go into other recipes, I can even freeze it.


recipe for 4:
400 g salad potatoes
500 g Fresh Broccoli
1 large spring onion
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
150 ml milk
200 g sour cream
1 egg
75 g grated Pizza cheesse
100 ml White wine
350 g ham
salt and pepper
Chili flakes
herbes de Provence
Tabasco


Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 cm slices. Get smaller Florettes out of the Broccoli.
Cook the potatoes in salted water for 10 min, Scoop them out and toss the Broccoli in. Cook for 8 min and drain and Keep a Cup of the water, and cool down in ice water.



Chop the onion and the ham.
In a pan heat up the butter and fry the onion, toss in the flour and make a Roux. Loosen it with a bit of milk, and more milk and Broccoli water.

Season and add the ham and the wine. Bind with an egg.

Use an ovenproof dish and layer meat, potatoes, Broccoli and more Sauce and finish with cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment