Sunday 18 August 2019

Panna Cotta Two Tone with Coffee and Caramel

I bought some Silicon moulds. One was for my friend as a Birthday present, the same one went into my storage boxes for kitchen utensils. This is the first time I am using it.


I was looking for a caramel mousse and found several different recipes, but I found some with coffee too. Now I had to decide, which of these recipes was the right one. I choose a mixture of coffee and caramel.
It took a while for it to set in the fridge, but my surprise was great, when I saw that I had two different layers in the mould. A nice coffee flavour on top and good strong caramel on the bottom.

But I have to work with the Silicon mould more often. It was not so easy to get the mousse out in one piece. I had to cut around the top of the moulds to loosen it. And it is not good to overfill them and spill over, that will stick and make it difficult to get out. Best pour the liquid into a measuring cup with a spout and pour it in.



recipe for 4:
300 ml double cream
100 ml whole milk
100 g sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 small sleeve of good Quality instant coffee
3 Sheets of Gelatin
pinch of salt


Soak the Gelatin in Cold water for 10 min and squeeze out the water.
In a microwavable container pour in cream, milk, vanilla extract and instant coffee and heat it up. Do not boil it.


In a casserole melt the sugar until it turns Brown, do not stir it, just swirl it around.
Take it off the heat and pour in a bit of the hot milk mix. Be careful, it will rise and bubble a lot. Take it back on the stove and pour in the rest of the milk mix. Stir constantly until the caramel has dissolved completely.
Get it of the heat and stir in the Gelatine. Pour in a jug and fill in some moulds. When it is cooled down to room temperature, put it into the fridge over night.


I put a strip of Mulberry syrup on the serving plate. That goes great the mousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment