Saturday 9 November 2019

Parsnip Hummus

We have a huge drugstore chain here in Germany -DM - and they are selling their own line of organic products. The montly magazine issue boast some "organic" recipes featering their products.


I rarely buy these products there, we have other shops for that. I buy my household cleaning stuff and toiletteries at a drugstore.
But the recipes get checked.


I am a fan of all kinds of mushy dishes called Hummus. Chickpeas are a bit of love and hate items for me. I have problems to digest the waxy skin around the chickpeas. When I prepare them, I peel the skin off. No fun what so ever!


Recipe for a small batch:
250 g  parsnips
2 tbsp maple syrup
80 g cooked chickpeas (skinned)
1 clove of garlic
5 tsp Tahini paste
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 lemon juiced
Salt and pepper
5 tbsp olive oil
Parsley


Heat the oven to 200C.
Peel and cut the parsnip into 1 inch pieces. Drizzle with maple syrup and stick in the oven for 25 min. Cool down a bit.

Put all ingredients in a blender and make Hummus!

No comments:

Post a Comment