Sunday 1 November 2020

Burrata on Kaki and Pear Carpaccio with Mango Dressing

 So tasty! A light dinner to enjoy.



Burrata is often served with tomatoes and with pasta.  Since it is a creamier cousin of mozzarella, that makes sense. I was not in the mood for this kind of dish. Fruit and cheese always works together and so I gave that a try. I looked for some nuts to give a bit of texture to the plate, but I was out of nuts. Instead my new package of brown linssed caught my eye. I love to put that in breads or smoothies. Why not with my new dish.



The pot with the orange verbena is still going strong on the balcony. The leaves have a wonderful taste. My bush basil with the strong and a little bitter taste has enough stalks for me to use. As long as we don't get freezing temperatures, I still can harvest.

1 Kaki, 1/2 lime

1 pear

1 burrata (100g)

1 tbsp linseed

Orange verbena Leaves

Basil

Mango balsamic vinegar, olive oil

Smoked sea salt, pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment