Sunday 22 November 2020

Paprika Soup with Ricotta Dumplings

I found a health food magazine issue with lots of recipes inside. I started turning the pages and mostly shook my head and thought hell no. Oatmilk, vegan cheese, Saitan etc. Nothing I have stored in my cupboards or fridge. I thumped through more pages and found one soup recipe that caught my eye. It was the only recipe I ripped out. I read the recipe and the steps were very time consuming and one did not match the picture on the page.



I upped the seasoning and reduced the cooking time by 15 min. And I added more veg for flavour. The ricotta dumplings needed a good amount of seasoning, they were just bland. And I would recommend to add an egg to the mix to keep them in shape and not fall apart.



Recipe for 3:

3 large peppers red, orange and yellow

1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 50 g leek, 2 small celery stalks, 50 g celeriac

2 medium potatoes, 500 ml veg stock. salt and pepper, dried thyme, oil

5 tbsp flour, 3 tbsp crushed oats, 4 tbsp butter

100 g Ricotta, 1 tbsp Parmesan, 2 tbsp parsley

Salt, pepper, nutmeg, chili

1 egg optional



Clean the peppers and cut them in rough chunks. They go in the pot with oil to fry off for 15 min. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and later pepper. Stir often.

Clean and chop all other veggies. Get them in and cook for 10 min more. Stir more. Add the veg stock, bring to a boil and cover and reduce the heat and cook 15 min more. Use a stick blender to make a creamy soup.

In the meantime make the Ricotta dumplings and cook them separately in some stock for 10 - 12 min.




No comments:

Post a Comment