Tuesday 24 November 2020

Pasta with Applesauce

Many of you will shake their head and say yuck. But do not be so fast and give it a try.



That is comfort food of my childhood and I know a lot who like that too. My BFF' s step mother has a live in caretaker from Poland. On the list she made of her favorite dishes was pasta with applesauce. The Polish help looked very strange when she requested it for lunch. My friend told him the different methods to cook or later to eat the dish.



My grandmother always used Papardelle pasta. Others like it with Spirelli or short Makkaroni. I thought it was a classic Hessian dish. But I even found several  recipes of this kind in Switzerland. 



Recipe for 1:

100 g Papardelle pasta. Salt

30 g breadcrumbs. 40 g butter

250 g applesauce

Cook the pasta in salted water until soft. 

In a pan melt the butter until it foams and toss the breadcrumbs in. Brown them and mix them with the pasta.

Now either eat the hot pasta with the cold applesauce on the side, or warm the applesauce up a bit and mix it with the pasta like a real sauce.

If you like cinnamon and you haven't seasoned the applesauce with it, put some cinnamon in the breadcrumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment