Thursday 12 July 2018

Mixed Salad with Cherries, Courgette, Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds

Mesclun aux cerises, courgette, fromage frais et graines de courge.


That is the way the recipe sounded in french. When I read it I thought- yuk. The combination did not made a lot of sense to me. That was the reaction I´ve got from all the people I talked about this recipe too. Weird combination.


But things like this interest me a lot and I get curious. I had enough cherries left over from the cherry cake and enough lettuce and a spare courgette. Pumpkin seeds were not hard to get.
While I brought the ingredients together, I still had some fears about the outcome of the recipe.
As the basic dressing with lemon, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar went over it with a bit of salt and pepper, I instantly tried it and I was pleasantly surprised.


recipe for 3:
200 g mixed lettuce
100 g cherries pitted
60 g cottage cheese
1 small courgette thin discs
50 g pumpkin seeds

dressing:
3 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp agave syrup
salt and pepper

My friends also loved it. Give the recipe a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment