Friday 19 March 2021

Poppy Seed and Cinnamon Rolls

A container with leftover poppy seed paste from my Wool Roll Bread is staring at me everytime I open my fridge. It reminds me to prepare something with it. Otherwise I have to toss it in the bin soon. I went through a lot of photos on Pinterest, but none of that stuck. For a cake there was not enough paste left over. Other recipes did not use paste, just ground poppy seeds. I finally decided on some poppy seed rolls. To get them up onto an other level, I added rum raisins. 



The sheet of yeast dough was large enough to add something else. Cinnamon rolls are a good choice.



A quick bake when you have the dough out of your hair. I used a sheet ready made dough. 

Ingredients:

1 sheet fresh yeasty dough

Butter, 5 heaped tbsp poppy seed paste, 5 tbsp rum raisins

3 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, apricot jam

Take the package of dough out of the fridge to get to room temperature. Check the writing on the package. Unroll it and use a pastry brush and spread some butter all over it. 



Heat up the oven to 180 C.

Spread the poppy seed paste 0,6 cm thick and sprinkle the raisins on top.

Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on the other side of the dough. Roll it up from the long side. Cut it into 3 cm slices and place them, filling side up on a baking paper. Bake for 18-20 min.



Take off the baking sheet and place on a wire rack. Heat up the apricot jam and brush the rolls with it. Let them cool down and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment