Friday 16 April 2021

Cabbage oven baked with Parmesan and Cream

From my Menchi Katsu recipe was a head of pointy cabbage left over. I needed something without a lot of hassle, because I wanted to sharpen all my kitchen knifes on the stone again. This is a task I seldom do. Usually I use a steel to sharpen them. But the knifes get rough around and so I had to sharpen them.




I used the time to prep the cabbage to take care of my knifes.

Cut the pointy cabbage in 4 quarters. Wash them. Get most of the core out. Set them on a plate cut side up and sprinkle them with salt to get soft. Wait 30 min.



Use an oven proof dish and oil it. Set the cabbage quarters in, sprinkle some Café de Paris seasoning on top, put aluminium foil over the dish and stick it in the oven.



Bake at 200C fan for 20 min.



Prep sauce:

200 g double cream, 125 ml milk, 2 tsp sour cream, 1 tsp Café de Paris seasoning, 1/2 tsp caraway seeds, 1/4 tsp Sumac, salt and white pepper, 40 g Parmesan cheese grated

Take off the foil, pour the sauce over and stick back into the oven for 20 min. No foil this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment