Tuesday 6 September 2022

Beef Goulash

This is a traditional kind of goulash served in many households here in Germany as a Sunday dinner. I remember it from the time I was a little child. My Grandma made it once a month, enough to feed 6 people on Sunday and leftovers for 3 on Monday. The ratio from beef to sauce was a bit off to feed that many people. Lots of tasty sauce to mash with the boild potatoes.



I love a good sauce myself and I take pride in making it.

Ingedients for 3:

650 g braising beef in 1 1/2 inch cubes

1 large onion, 2 spring onions, 4 garlic cloves, 1 red chili, 2 carrots, 60 g leek

1 tsp beef stock, 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp goulash paste, 2 tbsp Brandy, 100 ml red wine, 300 ml water, salt and pepper



Season the beef, cut all veggies. Heat the oil high and bring the beef in. Just enough to cover the bottom. Braise in 2 batches. 



Add veggies and give them 3 min, stir well. Now the paste and the flour. Stir it all in.

Deglaze with Brandy, then red wine. Now the beef stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid

Cook for 3 hours. Serve with ever you like.





No comments:

Post a Comment