Tuesday 4 July 2017

Beans Chickpeas Potato Mash


Served with an Omelette.

After my first day at work and a long way home with a mega backed up Autobahn that cost me more then an hour,  I just wanted to have a nice meal to eat.
The small potatoes came back with me from France and with the peel and lots of caraway seeds they smelled quite good from the pot.

From my Turkish Supermarket I bought a tin of Palestinian style broad beans and chickpeas. Before I used them in the mash I peeled off the paper thin casing of the beans and chickpeas.


recipe:
400 g potatoes
150 ml cream
30 ml milk
1 tsp caraway seed
1 tsp salt
1 tin broad beans mixed with chickpeas
2 tbsp chives
2 tbsp butter
3 eggs
1 stalk spring onion
salt and pepper


Cook the unpeeled washed potatoes with salt and caraway.
Open the tin and peel off the paper thin coating from beans and chickpeas.
Put them in a microwaveable container and add 150 ml cream and stick it into the microwave for 1,5 min.


Drain the potatoes and mix in 1 1/2 tbsp butter and the hot bean cream mix. Season.
Beat the eggs with some milk and salt and pepper.


Add some butter to the pan and the green of the spring onion and add the egg. Make a soft omelette.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment