Saturday 15 July 2017

Panko Cod with Bell Pepper Pasta

I bought some cod yesterday and served it with some linguine pasta.


I still have some freezer bags with homemade tomato sauce, I need to get them out of the freezer, because this years tomato season starts to look good outside. Last year I had 7 tomato plants, this year I have 14. And lots of small tomatoes have already developed on the vines. I am looking forward to many more freezer bags of homemade tomato sauce!

I bought a package with 3 great looking red bell peppers. I cut open the first one- green and mouldy on the inside without any sign of it on the outside. I threw it in the bin. I cut open the 2 one, everything ok- the 3 one was a loss too.


With some garlic and spring onions on a baking tray, some olive oil, salt and pepper on top and baking in the oven at 200 C for 20 min. Chucked it in the blender and then added it to the defrosted and heated up  tomato sauce. Delicious.

recipe for 2:
260 g cod
80 g panko
30 g flour
1 egg
30 ml cream
3 stalks fresh thyme
150 ml tomato sauce
1 red bell pepper
3 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter+1 tbsp oil
salt and pepper
200 g linguine
basil

Heat up the oven to180 C fan.
Cook the linguine in salted boiling water.
Clean the pepper and onions and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season.
Bake for 20 min and then blitz up and add to the warmed up tomato sauce.
Cut the cod into 3x3 cm pieces, season.
Beat the egg with the cream and the thyme leaves and season.
Make 2 plates with flour and panko.


Pannier the cod and in butter and oil fry it until done and golden brown.
Finish with mixing the pasta with the sauce, add basil and put the fish on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment