Monday 25 December 2017

Coronation Chicken

I first heard about this dish when I was on holiday in Northern Ireland during the year of the Queen Elisabeth II 50th throne jubilee.


I had that salad on a sandwich and thought it disgusting. It was a mayonnaise infested stuff with a tiny bit of undefined chicken, gross. I told my friends there about my experience and they laughed out loud. Nobody in their right mind would eat that.

I checked a couple of recipes and decided to have Coronation Chicken for Christmas Eve.


recipe for 3:
3 chicken thighs - seasoned
rapeseed oil

75 g long grain rice
1 tsp mild Java Curry Powder
salt and pepper
1 small mango
50 g sultanas
2 spring onions
chervil

dressing:
300 g Greek yogurt
1 tbsp Mayo
1/2 lemon juiced
2 tsp Java curry
5 drops of Chipotle Tabasco

Lettuce

Start with the seasoned chicken thighs and in a hot pan sear it and cook it through. I cooked it on the bone and with the skin on. I discarded bones and skin afterward.
When is cooled down a bit, I cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
While the chicken is on the hob, start the rice with the curry powder and salt.

Soak the sultanas in boiling water for 30 minutes.
Soak the chopped spring onions in boiling water for 30 seconds.
Peel and cut the mango.

Make the dressing and finish with some chervil. Place on some lettuce leaves to serve.







No comments:

Post a Comment