Tuesday 5 December 2017

Dutch Breakfast in Otrabanda, Willemstad

I went down to the Renaissance Mall and Rif Fort to stroll around.


3 big cruise ships were anchored in the harbour and people swarmed the area. I was downtown at 9:20 AM, so the shops were just opening and the masses have not arrived.
Inside the very holiday festive mall are restaurants and cafés, and lots of souvenir and t-shirt shops.

I took a table at Douwe Egberts Breakfast & Lunch and ordered the Dutch breakfast special and a cappucchino.
It came with orange juice, hard boiled egg, ham, cheese, jam and chocolate spread and some garnish. A couple of slices of baguette to eat with it.

Breakfast was good and with 25 Naf  (Antillen Guilders), about $12 at a reasonable price.

While I waited for my food to arrive, the masses started to swarm the mall and in a short time all tables were occupied. But the main fare was cappucchino. They all eat well on the cruise ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment