Wednesday 3 May 2017

Sweet Rice Pudding

A comfort food for me. I love the kind of light bite that Risotto rice has. The regular pudding rice gets too mushy for me.
I used the Thermomix this time. It gives me time to do something else. No stirring required.
I like my rice kind of creamy and not to thick, that is a reason why I seldom buy the supermarket veriaty from "Müller´s Milchreis" with fruit compote or different kinds of pastes like hazelnut, pistacchio and coconut. The rice is to soft and the whole is too sticky and sweet for me. But many many people love it and look at me kind of strange, when I tell them I cook the sweet rice myself.



Serving it with fresh blueberries and little cumquats balances out the sweetness of the rice.

recipe:
125 g Risotto rice like Carneroli or Aborio
650 ml whole milk
30 g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 egg yolk
1 pinch grated fine vanilla bean
some white chocolate swirls.

Prepaing it in a pot requires some attention, because the rice loves to stick and the milk loves to boil over.
Wash the risotto rice.
Heat milk with salt and sugar and vanilla then add the rice, let it boil once and reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 25 min. Stir and take care not to boil it over.
When the rice is cooked, let it sit for 3 minutes, add the egg yolk and the lemon juice and serve with the fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment