Wednesday 13 November 2019

Korean Double Fried Chicken Wings

Dakgangjeong

This is the name of the dish.


In many YT videos people rave about the great Korean dish with crispy double fried chicken.
We do not have a Korean restaurant in town or in the neighbourhood. We have lots of Korean business and companies where I work, but Korean food is not available. Maybe these large companies have cafeterias that serve special Korean food. But they are not open to the public.


I like to eat fried chicken sometimes. But the typical KFC is not my favourite. Sometimes I have fried chicken at an Asian buffet restaurant. But crispy is not something I remember.

I follow Maangchi on YT. I love her way to show Korean food. Many things are unknown for me. Some combinations are interesting.

500 g chicken wings
200 g potato starch
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying

Sauce:
1 spring onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp Gouchoujang
1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 Dried chili
2 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbsp mirin or cooking wine
1 tbsp black vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar

Coat the wings after seasoning with lots of starch.
Heat up oil in a large pot 165 C and fry the wings in batches for 5 min. Get them out and drain on kitchen paper.
When all a fried, heat the oil up to 180 C and fry until crispy.
Store in the oven at 80 C until all are cooked.

Make the sauce in a pot and pour over the chicken or put the pieces in the pot snd stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment