Thursday 2 January 2020

Sesame Balls from Singapore

I found something tasty in our Asia Go supermarket in the freezer section.


Often I buy mochi balls filled with black sesame paste or anko red bean paste. There were sold out so I looked for an alternative.
Sesame and peanuts, what can go wrong?


The frozen mochi balls need to be boiled in water. I thought these too.
Luckily I checked the pictures on the backside of the package. They needed to be deep fried.

Some leftover frying oil from last week was sitting on a jar. That came very handy.

But I misjudged the heat and put 6 frozen balls in at a higher temperature then written on the back of the package. The balls came out pretty brown.
I cooled the oil down to the 155 C and fried the rest. They looked like the ones on the package.


But the darker ones tasted much nuttier and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment