Saturday 18 April 2020

Dalgona Coffee

Everybody is raving about the South Korean Coffee specialty. You Tube and Instagram are full of posts.


I am usually not drinking freeze dried coffee, like Nescafe granuals. It tastes to me like truck stop coffee, slightly burned. But since I am crious I went out today and added freeze dried coffee granulates to my shopping list.

A hand mixer comes in handy for preparing the cream.


The ingredients are pretty basic.  The Dalgona is either on top of a cold or warm milk. But any kind of plant based drink will do.


I topped a glass of very cold whole milk with it. After stirring if and having a good gulp, it tastes like the ready made "Eiskaffee" iced coffee. That powder or even tetrapack is available in every supermarket here in Germany during the summer.


The Dalgona contains more caffine, but otherwise I do not taste a difference.

For two portions you will need:
2 tbsp coffee granulates
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp hot water

It takes 4-7 min depending on the electric gadget you use.
Spoon it on the milk and stir.

1 comment:

  1. It's an interesting and informative article..!! Thanks for sharing. To know about different types of coffee and their taste, Check in to our site..!!
    Espresso italy coffee || Cappuccino || Expresso || Black coffee || Big cappuccino || Coffee Premix Powder || Coffee Vending Machine

    ReplyDelete