Friday 17 April 2020

Frozen Yogurt Lemon Pear and Kiwi

Our local Ice Cream Parlor is closed. So are all the others. Ice Cream is not a basic food group and is not allowed to sell. That is something not everybody understands.


I am not a fan of mass product factory ice cream that is sold in the grocery stores. Too many chemical aromas, binding agents and food coloring. Since I have an ice cream compressor and in just under 45 minutes -5 for preparation and 40 for chilling I have something tasty to eat.


The old lady from Hamburg prepared it on her balcony -Terrassenküche by Monika Fuchs - on YT.
She told us to use any kind of fruit, juice or jam to add to the mix.


My friend came by today- under all social distancing measures - and brought me a printer to use at home. I ordered a new one on line- but it will be delivered some time in the far future.
In front of the house we exchanged some items. She made a jam with canned pears and fresh kiwi yesterday and brought me a very small portion to try. That went into the Ice Cream.


recipe:
500 g Greek yogurt
100 g sugar
zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp pear and kiwi jam


I filled up 2 small containers to put in the freezer and took a spoon and enjoyed the rest out of the freezer bucket. One of the small containers went to my neighbor to boost the mood during social distancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment