Saturday 5 March 2022

Fettuccine with Pear, Guanciale, Sage and Beans

I have still some Guanciale in the fridge. The problem is cutting it without holding to it a lot with my left hand. That is still out of order since my operation 3 days ago. But I have managed. Everything else was not a problem to handle with just one hand.



I was looking for frozen green beans. But you can only get frozen string beans here at our supermarkets. But I found a package of frozen Edamame. They are a lot quicker to prepare than regular green beans.



The cooking time of this recipe is about 20 min. Cut the Guanciale in cubes and stick it in a cold pan, turn on the heat to medium high and render the fat out. Start the pasta water with a good amount of salt.



Prepare the frozen Edamame as advised on the package. I am using my microwave for that. When they ate cold enough to touch, get the beans out. I did it earlier and the beans were ready when I started to cook.



Take the zest off the half lemon and add it to the beans. Get the juice in a small bowl. Peel the peer and cut the flesh in slices. Put them in the lemon juice. Cut the sage leaves in strips.



Now the Guanciale is ready, add pear with juice, beans with zest and sage. Give it 3 min and use a tong to transfer the pasta with water to the pan. Toss and finish with freshly ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment