Saturday 19 March 2022

St. Patrick's Day Jell-O

In the afternoon of the 17th I realised that it was St. Patrick's Day. And this day is usually celebrated in my household.



A little treat was the thing to go to. I love a good green Jell-O tasting of woodruff with some vanilla sauce. But that would have required a trip to the supermarket.

I checked my cupboard and found a package of lime jello. Not the American kind, but from the Turkish supermarket. It is very limey, but it congeals in 30 min.  But the color is just a watery yellow green. Very light.



No problem at all. A bit of green gel color and the Irish green was done. I had some Physalis sitting on the counter. They are a bit on the sour side. I cut them in small bits and put them in the warm liquid to get solid with the jello.

Very tasty St. Patrick's Day treat. A bit of Irish Whiskey went with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment