Thursday 21 April 2022

Beef and Leek in Mustard Sauce

Sometimes you have to use canned beef.



I was going through my fridge and found a piece of leek and 2 mustard jars with just a little left in them. But I wanted something with a bit of meat and some leftovers for the next day lunch break working from home.



I had a can of cooked beef, some of my "stock in case of Covid quarantine". Now was the time to get rid of it.



I only used the juice and a little of the fat from the beef to cook the veggies. No additional oil needed.

1 can 400 g beef

1 leek, 1 shallot, 3 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp dried thyme

3 tsp medium hot mustard, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 3 tbsp creme fraiche, 30 ml Noilly Prat.

1 cup Jasmine rice



Chop the beef and pour the sauce in a pan. Chop leek and omion and garlic and cook for 5 min. Add the beef and the mustards. Season and add Vermouth and cream. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment