Friday 28 April 2023

Eggplant Salad Uzbek style

This dish is from my newest purchased cookbook. One of my favourite YT channels: My name is Andong, published it.



The salad recipe caught my eye because it was a dish from Uzbekistan. My BFF was on a round trip there a couple of years ago. But the "tourist food" was not her favourite.



I often use eggplants/aubergines in many dishes. I took a while to like them. But now I try to find more ways to cook them. This recipe here is one to repeat in the future.



Eat it just as a vegetarian /vegan dish or serve it together with some grilled meat.

Ingredients for 1:

1 large eggplant, some wild garlic leaves ( or use a clove of garlic)

1/4 red bell pepper, 1/5 cucumber, 3 very small cooked potatoes, 3 tbsp sunflower seeds toasted

Olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, Italian herbs, 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp cumin

Additional mayo and mustard for the potato salad

Preheat the oven to 180 C fan. Wash the eggplant and stab it with a fork around. Place it on a baking sheet and put it in the oven for 55 to 60 min. Place it in a freezer bag, close it and let it sit for 30 min.

Now scrape out the inside in a bowl. Mash it with a fork. Chop the wild garlic, add that together with oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Squeeze first 1/2 of the lemon. Give it  taste, eventually add more lemon juice.

Prepare the other veggies separat. And dress them separat. Prep the potato salad. Toast tge sunflower seeds in a dry pan.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment