Tuesday 11 April 2023

Blue Pea Flower Latte

A while ago I saw blue desserts and drinks on Pintetest.



Yeah, sure, photoshop or foodcoloring. But no, pea flower tea or powder. I was curious and started digging. 



I remembered a travel journal on TV a while ago about a priest in Thailand who colored offerings for the tempel with beautiful blue flowers steeped in water.  That were local pea flowers.



I bought some powder online. Looking for easy recipes to get the hang for the amount of powder needed, I saw the lattes. They were all lovely blue.



I used one of the recipes yesterday and it contained 50 ml fresh espresso to go with 200 ml of any kind of milk.  The photo showed a lovely blue drink, but the espresso turned it in to a murkey blue color. 

So once again, back to start. I drank the espresso out of a cup and loved my blue latte.

Recipe with espresso:

200 ml milk (what ever you prefare)

50 ml fresh brewed espresso

1/2 tsp Blue Matcha pea flower powder

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 tbsp Maple syrup

Heat up the milk and use a small strainer to sift the blue powder in. Bring to a boil and stir with a whisk. Add vanilla and syrup.

Pour in a tall glass and add the espresso - or leave it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment