Tuesday 13 June 2023

Vegetable Salad

I used the method of different cutting techniques again. 



First of all, it is fun. Second,  I really think the textures help with enjoying the salad. 

I only wanted something easy and fresh on a hot day.



Looking through my fridge I found a kohlrabi, a red bell pepper and one lonesome carrot. I took my mandoline and made thin carrot discs with it. Kohlrabi battonettes were the next choice.

This year my herbs on the balcony are growing and growing and I can harvest full hands of them. Adding some of them chopped to the salad is wonderful.



The dressing was made from sweet and sour ingredients. The balance was important.

Dressing:

Mango vinegar, olio de lemon

Agave syrup, lemon salt, Asian pepper mix,

Lemon juice

This salad went well with the Filippino Pork.




No comments:

Post a Comment