Saturday 4 November 2017

Roasted chicken thighs and sweet potatoes

Today we have an exceptional holiday here in Germany.
We celebrate the Monk Martin Luther, who hammered his 95 thesis on a church door in Wittenberg 500 years ago on Oct. 31, 1517.
The government decided to commemorate this day with a holiday nationwide.


Since I am off work in the middle of the week, I used the time to get rid of more ingredients still sitting around from our spoon cooking event on Saturday. I bought several things that weren´t used, so today's lunch will be a sweet potato and some chicken thighs.
I am busy with lots of other things, such as writing blogs about the spoon challenge. I had no time to cook something on the stove. Putting both ingredients in the oven was the best choice.



I marinated the chicken thighs for a couple of hours, and the cubed sweet potatoes too.



They went for 40 minutes at 180 C fan into the ove. Thighs with the inside up first for 15 min, then turned to get them wonderful brown and crispy








 I made a little dip to go with the potatoes.



As a starter I served green Zebra tomatoes as a Caprese salad, very tasty.



They are fully ripened! And tasted absolutely delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment