Monday 15 January 2018

Pickled Onions

A salad or a sandwich gets much better if you use some onions.
I often have problems with raw onions. I will taste them all night and that is why I look for methods to make them more digestible.
When I use them raw I often soak them in boiling water before I put them into a salad. That works with all kind of onions.

A bit of pink colour makes tasty food great
for the eyes and looks good on Instagram.



Pickled onions are often found in Mexican food. Put them on tacos. They look bright when you use red onions.

Recipe:
2 red onions
2-3 limes (depend on the amount of juice)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Slice the onions into halve rings
Bring water to a boil and soak them for 30- 60 seconds. Drain.
Add the other ingredients and place in the fridge for 4 hours. Refrigirated they will keep a couple of days for other dishes to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment