Sunday 7 August 2022

Corn and Tapioka Pudding Cambodian style

Bor Bor Pot.


Eat it warm. It is comfort food.

This is the recipe I was trying to buy small Tapioka pearls for. The 5th try was the large Asian supermarket downtown.



But through this search I became a fan of Bubble Tea. I ordered large Tapioka pearls online, Bubble Tea glas and thick metal straws. I finally get to enjoy the trend.

Fresh corn on the cobb is still available here. I bought an other batch. In this recipe there is no need to cook the corn before using it. I just cut off the kernels and they went in the coconut milk to cook.



The Tapioka pearls are the "fast" cook ones. The instructions on the back of the package showed a cooking time of 30 min. I put them in a bowl of cold water first for 15 min. That reduced the cooking time later to 20 min.

Since I had some sweetened condensed milk leftover from the last dish, I decided to use some of it instead of sugar. It worked well.

Recipe for 2:

1 corn on the cobb

250 ml coconut milk

1/2 cup small tapioka pearls

3 tsp sweetend condensed milk or sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment