Sunday 19 May 2019

Bilbao Hotel Dinner

I arrived here in Bilbao in the afternoon and a short brake at the Occidental Bilbao Hotel went to the Guggenheim Museum for a 2 hour stay.

After the long day the group was ready for dinner. This was a buffet style one at the Hotel.
We are a large group of 47 people, but mostly the commentaries about dinner were positive.


It started with a good choice of salads and veg to choose from. With tuna and egg you could make an Italian salad.


The hot dishes have been Paella, but that was just a huge amount of rice. Tender beef with peas and potatoes, very good. Tuna with tomato topping, to well done for my taste, but most of the group liked it that way.
Very tender strips of squid and fries and two different kinds of veg.


Dessert was a bit disappointing. Just plain yogurt and some fruit mix out of a can and bits of industrial cakes, cut up into bite size pieces.


For the first day, it was good. But I expect better the next days.

At the Guggenheim Museum I had a small rice and almond cake. I was so hungry, I ate halve of it before I took the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment