Friday 17 May 2019

Tibits - Swiss Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant

In my hometown we have the first Swiss Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant in Germany. Tibits is on the Swiss market now since 2000 and they have 18 Restaurants there. Mostly in the German speaking part of Switzerland, but now two in Lausanne. They opened two Restaurants in London a while ago.


Why are they here in a City with 160.000 people and not in Frankfurt or Berlin? -We have the Headquarter of one of Germany's top organic Supermarket chains near by. And with near by I mean near by. About 2 min by car or 10 min on foot.

They opened up in a new quarter in the City were until the late 90s US troops were stationed.
They build the whole multistory structure with clay, wood and glass. About 500 employees work there. They have their own kindergarten on the premises. It is an open to the public Restaurant but also the Cafeteria for the workforce.

I heard from two of my elderly neighbours that they went there. Both moaned about the ugly wallpaper. But the food was good. The lady would have liked a Schnitzel to go with all the good vegetarian food, but he liked the food as it was.

Today I was off work at noon and decided to give the Restaurant a try on my way home. It was a good crowd sitting inside and several in the outdoor sitting area. I took a plate and went on the prowl. Just scoop what you like on the plate and go to the bar and place the plate on a scale.
You pay per 100 g of food.


I had a scoop of Banana Mango Sweet Potato Curry with coconut milk, a scoop of Lemongrass basmati rice with turmeric, fried eggplants with Harissa and chives - These were all vegan. The forth scoop was homemade spaetzle with thin red apple slices and a very heavy smelling -Swiss mountain cheese melted all over the place.
The eggplants were a bit dry but well seasoned. The vegetarian option with the cheese was great- I love smelly cheeses. The curry and the rice are going into my own repertoire soon.


I will come back on other Fridays when I am off work early. And just 2 min more until you are at home. I have no problem with the wallpaper, I am going to eat there not live there.



No comments:

Post a Comment