Thursday 16 May 2019

Leek, Pineapple and Bacon with Asia Chicken

I bought a huge piece of leek on Saturday. I had to cook it today but had no idea what to do with it.


As often I used the time on the Autobahn back from work to ponder a few options. I had to make a quick grocery stop anyway.
What goes good with leek? Pork, cheese, hmm.  Not today.
There is a party salad with leek and pineapples. Great, but I wanted something hot. Chicken breast meat from the inner thin filets was as an offer today.
Marinating it Asian style and served with leek and pineapples, that sounded good.


The list of ingredients I collected at first on the table was on the meager side. Then I added sauces and spices and got the chicken on the hot side.


recipe for 4:
400g chicken inner filet
80 g  Bacon bits
400 g leek
1/2 can of Pineapple chunks
2 tsp Quatre èpice my own blend
dark sesame oil
1 tbsp soy Sauce
3 tbsp Ketjap Manis
3 tbsp Sriracha
5 tbsp Pineapple juice
Salt and pepper


At first marinate the chicken with spice blend, salt and pepper, sesame oil, ketjap manis and let it sit 20 min.



Chop into discs and wash the leek. In a wide pan brown the bacon bits, when they are nearly done add the leek
 Saute and cover with a lid, that helps to steam it too. After 10 min, add pineapple juice and steam 5 more min
Get it out of the pan into a bowl and cover.
In the same pan stir fry the marinated chicken until done, add the leek and the pineapple chunks and cook through.
Add more seasoning and Sriracha to taste.

Serve with rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment