Tuesday 11 June 2019

Lemon Curd Pastry

I made some lemon curd a while ago as filling for some macarons. The rest of the curd went into a jar for later.
When I thought about the pastry, I checked the jar and found some suspicious flecks on top. I threw it out and bought some. Not as good as my own, but tasty enough for some pastry filling.

The recipe is from one of my Thermomix magazine issues. They usually work  when I follow the instructions and do not  change too many ingredients.


Recipe:
500 g wheat flour type 550 (bread flour)
240 g milk
50 g butter
30 g fresh yeast
3/4 tsp salt
250 g lemon curd
1 egg for egg wash
Icing sugar


Make the yeasty dough with your stand mixer and knead it about 10 min. Use the Thermomix and that takes just 3,5 min.
Make a ball, cover it in a bowl and let it rest in warm place for 1 hour.


Heat up the oven 180 C.
On a floured surface roll out the dough 34x45 cm.
Smear the lemon curd all over the dough, just leave 1cm around uncovered.
Roll up the dough from the long side. Cut open the roll from the long side, just keep the upper 5 cm uncut


Fold the strands around each other and tuck the ends under.
Put it on baking paper and brush with egg wash.
Bake for 10 min, cover with baking paper and bake 10 - 15 min more.
Cool down about 1 hour. Cut it in to 15 slices and coat it with icing sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment